- All goods (hereinafter called “Goods”) sold by Egan Reid Stationery Company Limited, Horsfield Way, Bredbury Industrial Park, Stockport, SK6 2SU, (hereinafter called “the Company”) are sold subject to these Conditions.
- The person or company buying Goods from the Company (hereinafter called “the Buyer”) does so on the basis of these Conditions, which shall override and be in substitution for any conditions that may be attached to the Buyer’s order, unless otherwise agreed in writing by a director of the Company.
2. Quotations and Prices
- Catalogues, price lists and other advertising matter are only an indication of the type of goods offered and no prices or other particulars therein shall be binding on the seller.
- All prices quoted by us at the time of the order are subject to change, if before delivery to you there is an increase in the cost to us of supplying the Goods to you.
- If the Company has not received an acceptance within 30 days of the date of a quotation, the quotation shall be deemed to have lapsed.
- All prices quoted are exclusive of Value Added Tax and any similar taxes. All such taxes are payable by you and will be levied in accordance with UK legislation in force at the tax point date.
- All prices quoted are exclusive of carriage charges, which will be added at the checkout point prior to payment.
- Times and dates quoted for delivery are estimates only and the time for delivery of the Goods shall not be of the essence.
- Where delivery is made in instalments, delay in delivering one or more instalments shall not entitle the Buyer to refuse to accept any remaining instalments.
- The Buyer shall not refuse to accept delivery of any consignment or instalment on account of any shortage or defect in any other delivery.
- Delivery takes place when the Goods are delivered to the ground floor entrance of the building of the Buyer’s premises, unless the Buyer has given the Company special instructions in which case delivery shall take place when the Goods are delivered to the order of the Buyer.
4. Payment Terms and Conditions
- We must receive payment for the whole of the price of the goods you order, and any applicable charges for carriage and insurance, before your order can be accepted unless we have agreed otherwise in advance in writing.
- We only accept Payments in Pounds Sterling. Orders and Payment sent in other currencies will be canceled and/or returned.
5. Retention of Title
- Risk in the Goods shall pass to the buyer on delivery and the Buyer shall insure the Goods with a reputable insurance company against all risks from that time.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of clause 4.1, property and ownership in the Goods shall not pass from the Company until:
- The Buyer shall have paid the Company for the Goods; and
- No other sums are then outstanding from the Buyer to the Company on any account whatever whether or not such sums have become due for payment
- Until property in the Goods passes to the Buyer, the Buyer shall:-
- hold the Goods as the fiduciary, agent of and bailee for the Company;
- store the goods separately from those of any other person and ensure that they are readily identifiable as the property of the Company
- Notwithstanding the provisions of this clause, the Buyer may as principal use the Goods in the ordinary course of its business.
- At any time prior to property in the Goods passing to the Buyer, in the event of:-
- the Buyer’s insolvency;
- the Buyer’s failure to pay any amount due to the seller, or
- any breach by the Buyer of these conditions, the Buyer must immediately place any Goods in its possession or under its control at the Company’s disposal and the Company’s representatives shall have (without prejudice to any of the Company’s other rights and remedies) the right to enter the Buyer’s premises and retake possession of such Goods. In such event, the Buyer shall procure that the Company has access to the premises of any third parties where Goods in which property has not yet passed to the Buyer are stored.
- Should any event listed in clause 5.5 occur, the Buyer’s right to sell and use the Goods shall immediately cease.
6. Claims and Returns
- Any claim in respect of damage in transit, faulty goods or shortages of Goods must be made in writing, by the Buyer to the Company, no later than seven days after the delivery, or receipt of invoice in respect of non delivery.
- Goods will be accepted for return with the prior consent of the Company, provided:-
- We are notified within 7 days of receipt
- Returns are in their original packaging and are re-saleable
- Faulty goods are proved to be defective in design workmanship or materials
- Goods ordered as ‘Specials’ will only be exchanged if found to be faulty.
7. Distance Selling Regulations
These regulations apply to a person who, in buying something, is acting for purposes that are outside of their business.
- Consumers may cancel their purchase up to 7 working days following the day of delivery.
- You may cancel your purchase by phoning us on 0161 406 6000 or writing to us with your order reference number.
- If cancelling your purchase under the Distance Selling Regulations, your product must be complete and in ‘as new’ condition. If you have opened the box to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product or packaging. It should be returned, at your cost, with the original box and packaging, along with any accessories you received with it. DVDs, CDs memory cards and software must still be sealed.
- If you follow the above procedure, we will issue you with a full refund of the amount you paid us for the cost of the product and delivery to you. Refunds will take 3-5 days to be credited to your payment card.
- Whilst the goods are in your possession you must take reasonable care of them and not use them.
8. Force Majeure
- Every effort will be made to fulfil the Company’s obligations, but its performance is subject to cancellation or variation as the Company may find necessary as a result of inability to secure labour, materials or supplies as a result of any Act of God, War, Strike, Lock-out, other Labour Dispute, Fire Flood, Drought, Legislation or other cause beyond the Company’s control. The Company shall be under no liability for failures, variations and delays attributable to causes beyond its control.
9. Consumer Rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the Buyer’s statutory rights as a consumer.
10. Law and Jurisdiction
- These Conditions and all quotations, offers and acceptances shall be governed by and construed according to English Law.
- Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between the Seller and the Buyer relating to these Terms and Conditions (including any non-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associated therewith) shall fall within the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.